Sinus Pain and Infections
Did you know that each year millions of American's suffer from sinusitis or sinus pain? Typically sinusitis includes nasal congestion, nasal discharge, facial pain, and pressure. If the tissue in your nose becomes swollen from allergies, a cold, or environmental triggers, it can block the sinus passages. When your sinuses become blocked they can't drain, and you may feel pain and pressure.
Your sinuses consist of eight cavities located in pairs, behind your eyes, between your eyes, in your forehead and behind each cheekbone. When not inflamed they produce mucus, which helps keep the inside of your nose moist. That, in turn, helps protect against dust, allergens, and pollutants.
However, once inflamed, mucus production increases resulting in a drippy, runny nose. When your sinuses are block they may even affect the Eustachian tube which leads to the ear, resulting in the feeling of blockage in the ear or fluid behind the eardrum.
When you visit Doctors Express Oceanside, our goal will be to determine the source of the inflammation then to:
(1) Reopen the nasal passages
(2) To reduce nasal congestion
(3) To relieve any pain and pressure
(4) To reduce the potential for complications
Our Doctors Express Location Is
- Walk-in friendly, no appointments required
- Open 8:00am - 8:00pm, 365 Days a Year!
- In-network for most California Insurers
- Staffed by experienced Doctors and Physician Assistants (PA's)
- Serving Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista, Encinitas and San Marcos